Disney has become part and parcel of our lives. TheDisney Brands has been the benchmark for entertainment for the last nine decades and it still is the most favorite entertainment company when it comes to small kids. Leave aside small kids, every adult has come past a childhood which was filled with Disney characters, and their child within them still jumps out whenever they see these characters on TV or movies. Disney have also entered the movie franchise, and successfully built a theme-park business around their successful Disney characters which operate around the globe and is a massive crowd puller.
Let’s take a look at how Disney built up their brand:
- In October 1923 Walt Disney and M. J. Winkler entered into a contract to produce a series of comedies, and this is considered to be the start of The Disney Brothers Studio.
- In September, 1927 Oswald the Lucky Rabbit cartoon was released.
- In November 1928, the first Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse cartoon was released.
- In July 1932, Disney released its very first colour cartoon called “Flowers and Trees”, which won an Academy Award.
- In June 1934, Donald Duck made the first appearance in the cartoon “The Wise Little Hen”.
- In February 1935, the first Mickey Mouse cartoon in colour was released.
- In December 1937, Disney released their first feature length animated film “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs”.
- In November 1940 Disney releases one of its highly rated classics “Fantasia”.
- During the 1950s, Disney releases “Treasure Island”, “Peter Pan”, and: Mickey Mouse Club”. Also in 1955, they open the first Disney Park named “Disneyland” in California.
- During the 1980s, Disney expands into Japan by opening another Disney park. In 1983, Disney channel starts their broadcast.
- During the 1990s. Disney provides classics that became the biggest hits of the 90s; “Beauty and the Beast”, and “The Lion King”.
Achievements of Disney cannot be given in one-page, as their achievements in the animated entertainment business is exceptional and stands tall over everyone else.
We (Trendy Connections) have got the franchise to use Disney characters in our products, and are happy to announce that we are the first Sri Lankan brand to get this opportunity. Our unique kids fashion range include unique boys t-shirt and girls t-shirt all the famous Disney characters . So don’t miss this opportunity, go to the nearest retailer and pick-up your kid’s favorite cartoon character!